Thursday, September 20, 2018

I'm sick of wallpaper.....

Good evening folks.
Yep, I am now officially over stripping off wallpaper. It seems to be a bit of a never ending story.
Every time I think I have seen everything that a room has to offer I discover another fragment.
Take what will become the Master bedroom for example.
How many different coverings do you think there are in this room, three, four?
Nope, the total is seven!

The bottom one is my favourite but unfortunately it is so delicate I have only been able to salvage very small fragments of it.
I have quite a collection of the different patterns from all the rooms so far with a few creative ideas for them ...

Now I have got rid of all the wall paper that is coming off relatively easily it will be time to haul out the steam stripper for the rest. I have, however, decided to hold on till I have seen one of the builders tomorrow as some of the walls may not need to be totally cleared.
As to be expected in a house this age, some of the plaster has deteriorated and will need to be cleared and redone so I don't see the point of doing unnecessary work lol.

One last discovery which was an un-noticed thing was this

Usually when looking out of the window we were just enjoying the view as you can imagine but a few days ago I was taking a closer look at the barn roof and realised that, what I had assumed was a standard slate tile roof like the house, is in fact made up of stone.  I have to admit that I am in awe of the skill that it must  have taken to shape and split pieces of stone to create tiles. Even more interesting is that yesterday when it was pouring with rain I went into the barn to see how bad it leaks only to discover it is only leaking in two places. Not bad hey?

Well, that;s it for another day so I hope you have a good rest of the evening. I don't want to bore you with picture after picture of wall paper peelings but there's not much more happening at the moment.
Next week I am hoping to begin to clear some of the bits and pieces from the barn so that will make a change lol....


1 comment:

  1. that's a really nice roof! Well done with the stripping, Neil!

    ReplyDelete