Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Another bit of smashing and building.

Goodly morning friends

While I have been down south work has slowly been continuing on the house and my cousin sent me some progress pics so that I wouldn't feel left out......

 So, this is/was the door from the kitchen through to the utility and back door. Unfortunately, once we discovered the hidden alcove in the kitchen and decided to keep it as a feature I found myself having to re think my original kitchen design and it soon became apparent that this door was in the "wrong" place for us....

Out it came. Not that easy a task considering that the walls are around half a meter thick. We needed three lintels just to cover it.

 We had to rebuild this wall before we could make the new opening.

So far, this is it. I am looking forward to seeing it when I go up for a site visit soon as I think it should all be finished. We just moved it along which gives the space to utilise the wall and take units up to the corner.

I was also sent a few pics of the weather there.... this is just up the lane , one of my favourite little wanders. Isn't it pretty.

 Then, in the courtyard, a lovely little covering of the white stuff too.....

Down south it's just a waiting game really, keeping the house ready for viewings etc so I can't make a mess LOL I'm trying not to get impatient......
Catch you all later. Hope you have a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. Coming along, every step is getting it a little closer to your dream! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful place to live, hopefully it won’t be long before you are living the dream

    ReplyDelete