Monday, October 29, 2018

A little rest before the next stage...

Good evening folks.
This last week saw my long anticipated visit from my wife and children take place. As you can appreciate I'm sure, this was something that was enjoyed to the full by myself.

Last weekend my wife and my youngest daughter drove up before the crack of dawn to get here nice and early and my oldest daughter and her partner drove up later the afternoon. It was so lovely to have my family together for a few days.
Susan was suitably impressed with the changes to the property and it was lovely to show everyone around.
Most of the weekend was of course spent enjoying the time exploring the area before the children left on Monday evening. Spending time together here was also a reminder of why we have decided to leave the rat race behind and focus on creating a simpler more creative life for ourselves.

 So we spent time exploring the surrounding beauty. This is on Little Asby Common.
 Sam practicing his climbing skills around Rydal Caves.

 Shenay also took the opportunity to coerce her sister into one of the outfits she had made for a photo shoot. (I sneaked a couple of pics when they weren't looking.
 Shenay hard at work.
 I loved introducing Susan to the little treasures I have found in the area.

Climbing up Musgrave Fell and seeing the valley spread out below.
 Going to Penrith for the Winter Droving was a brilliant highlight of the week
 These illuminated beasts were gorgeous.
 I think next year I will be tempted to create an outfit and join in.......
 Of course we spent a fair bit of time in the house, dreaming planning and looking to the future too.
 We also made time for some creativity too. All these branches, berries and feathers were collected from our walks before we spent the evening creating
 a wreath! Isn't it lovely?
One of the farms up the lane has peacocks and we occasionally find their discarded plumes which added a nice splash of vibrant colour.

It was a lovely week which went by far too quickly and now it is quiet again and today I have been back at work removing skirting boards and chipping away at the plaster that needs to come off; but more about that later.....

Until next time, take care.

3 comments:

  1. It must have been exciting showing your family what you have done so far. You have certainly picked a beautiful area to move to x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be hard being so far from your family whilst you work so hard on your house, so a welcome treat indeed. Love the wreath you created

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your pictures of your family and the area around your new home...SPLENDID!

    ReplyDelete