Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Back to the basics.

Hi there everyone.
It's been a while since I posted I know but to be fair, I am at that kind of waiting stage in some ways.
After the drama of discovering the cellar it took me a few days to process it and all the implications in my mind. Exciting as it was (and is) it has thrown a bit of a spanner into the process. Still, I guess that is only to be expected.

Of course, there was still wallpaper to strip and other bits to be getting on with.

 I've managed to get rid off all the wallpaper from 1500mm above in most of the rooms that will be chipped back to the stone for the damp course and then re-plastered so I am happy about that.
 This beautiful area came to light at the bottom of the stairs. I think it is just beautiful and it seems a pity to have to cover it all up again.


I've lost count of how many bags I have filled with wallpaper over the last few weeks though I am sure it must be close to forty or so. Still I am almost done at last.
I am still making little discoveries,... I think that there should (hopefully) be no more big surprises but this little selection of tools came to light in a drawer of a unit I was breaking down that didn't look like it was a drawer.

There are some pretty cool things here. I have even been using some of them in the house which makes me feel happy too. It's a bit like the house is helping me bring it back to life. I also have a few ideas about incorporating pieces into some artwork later.

I'd better get off. The sun is shining so I think it's a good time to wander along the river for a bit before I dig the sanders out for some of the woodwork
Take care folks.

1 comment:

  1. I don't envy you all that wallpaper stripping... it is a job that can tire very quickly! hope you enjoyed your walk

    ReplyDelete