Monday, July 15, 2019

Here we go again.....

Hi there folks

As I am sure you will appreciate, it has been a pretty hectic time recently. We definitely seem to do things in a different order to usual.....
But, guess what, I am finally here!


 I am still rather bemused and bewildered though incredibly grateful to be here. Moving day was slightly chaotic as you can imagine. Things didn't quite go to plan but I guess that's been the story of our life so far so you just roll with it.

 Effectively our life is now packed in boxes all over the place....along with two cats who are still not quite sure whether this is a good idea or not. Though they took a little while to settle, now they are exploring away. Hopefully the next stage of work should begin in the next couple of weeks which will be exciting as things should start to change fairly rapidly.
 Though the house cannot yet be lived in I am obviously spending most of my days here so I have been painting some of the plastered walls.




 As you can imagine, working around everything is fun. I have resigned myself to the fact that for the next few months I will be moving boxes and furniture from one place to another while rooms are being finished off properly.


How do you like my comfort zone lol. Somewhere for the cats and I to be nice and lazy. For the first week the cats must have thought they had been sent to jail, spending their days shut up in here and being taken out to the yard for an hour or so each day....
Now, they have the run of more of the house and into the yard with plenty of places to explore (and hide!)
Except here, I don't want to take the chance that they will get out onto the road so this is still out of bounds to them.

I know this post is a bit all over the place, but just wanted to give you a snapshot of things at the moment. The next post will be a little more focused (says he optimistically)
Take care

3 comments:

  1. glad that you've got your boxes in their new home now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update...I was thinking about you this morning and hoping all was going well...glad for the great progress you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One step nearer having all your belongings in your new home even though they are in boxes! Pleased to see you are painting, makes you feel you are getting nearer the finish line.

    ReplyDelete