Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Country life

Hi there folks.
It has been a while, so I do apologise. It has been a proper topsy turvy time to be honest with nothing much happening with the house. However, things are momentarily calm so let me bring you up to date...
After the initial chaos of moving was over it soon became apparent that me being eager to crack on did not equate to my builder being ready to do the same. So I had to reign in my enthusiasm and exercise a little patience which wasn't easy.

 Fortunately I had my sister visiting which was lovely. Then it was the summer holidays which meant Susan was able to come up. So we have been enjoying some much needed family time as both daughters managed to come along to visit. I won't bore you with too many pics but here are a couple.

We went through to York for the day and came across this immersive Van Gogh experience which was such a visual treat.




 Popped over to Low Force which is such a favourite spot for us.

Walked over to High Force too.

 Spot of creative time at Wainwath Falls...



 The a walk up to The Watercut Sculpture in Mallerstang....



Just a tiny snapshot of our summer.....
Inbetween all that, we bought a car.


Entered the Brough Agricultural show just because I had a moment of madness (but more about that experience next time.) and did a lot of planning, dreaming and buying.........

It has been a busy summer and I was blessed to be able to spend the time with those I love. As always though, all holidays draw to a close; Susan has had to go back south again while she finishes working her notice and I am getting myself back and focused.  Fortunately, work on the house is beginning in earnest again now so you can look forward to some more regular updates from now on......
Until then, take care


2 comments:

  1. nice to see this catch up and that things will start picking up with the house again. Look forward to seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the next phase of your house. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete