Monday, September 23, 2019

Country life part two......

Hi there everyone.
I keep telling myself to make a list of what I need to do, like do this blog for example, but then I get swallowed up in decision making and sweeping copious amounts of dust up so it slips my mind....
However, I have now made myself a reminder and stuck it in front of my nose so shall we see if that works?

Before we get stuck into the building site you may recall that in my previous post I referred to the Brough Agricultural show.....there is a bit of a tale to be told.

Sitting with my cousin and sister one evening, we got to talking about this upcoming show (I need to add here that there may have been a fair bit of wine involved....) and my cousin informed me that she had decided to be big and brave and enter a couple of pieces of crochet for fun. It was then decreed that, now that I am a local, I should enter something too. Through the clouds of alcohol, this seemed like a good idea and after perusing the categories I found myself investing the princely sum of £2.40 and entering a number of items into said show.

Reality struck a few days later when I woke up to the fact that I had now committed myself to create a number of items in less than a week.......and having not been to the show before I had absolutely no idea of what I was up against. After a brief panic attack I decided to treat it as a little bit of fun and dove in to making
 I put the scraps of vintage wallpaper from the renovation to good use and made a notebook with them.

 Of course, I entered one of my hand made books too
 One of my pen and ink drawings
 This was my contribution to Christmas




 and, though you can't really see clearly, Konrad (who doesn't like mice) along with a felted journal went into the needlefelting section.

After a nervous wait while judging took place and we were all locked out of the tent you could have blown me over with a feather when I discovered......

 I took first in the drawing section

 Konrad took first place too
 and third place for my journal too. I was well chuffed. Janet placed too with her crochet which was pretty awesome as well.
Needless to say, planning is now well underway for next year ....... got to maintain and improve you know. This country life is serious business you know.


 All in all it was a great deal of fun and it was lovely to see how involved everyone got .
This has been a long post so I'll hold off till tomorrow before I get you back into the dust and grime of the house....
Take care


4 comments:

  1. Well done Neil, country shows are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!! good to see you entering into local life well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Neil, love the handmade book in blue, beautiful cover, lovely to see you becoming a real local

    ReplyDelete